Working for WRT
WRT is a living wage employer.
Help to tell WRT's story by translating our ideas and aspirations into clear, targeted messages and campaigns
We are proud of our ongoing successes in adding connectivity to a diverse community through information and sustainable educational programmes. We inspire and teach our community how to nurture our island’s unique and special natural environment.
About the role:
Working on Waiheke Island with our team of passionate and professional people and reporting to our General Manager, you will be a key member of our management team. Champion of our communication and digital strategy, you will support WRT’s activities to create a sustainable future for our community. You will utilise and manage a range of channels and audiences, including websites, and work across projects on behalf of the Trust. We promote an open and flexible working environment, and are also open to some of your hours being undertaken from home.
- This is a very busy role with a broad scope. You will write and edit a wide variety of content including newsletters, press releases, case studies, event promotion, website and other digital media content.
- In this role you will be dealing with a number of stakeholder groups within the community, developing and managing a of communication channels to ensure all parties are well informed.
- Key tasks such as monitoring activity across digital channels and identifying areas for improvement for stakeholder reach and engagement, website management and optimisation across exciting projects.
- Providing leadership and mentoring to digital/graphic design interns and volunteers engaged on short-term assignments.
- Drafting core communication content for events, community activities and projects as well as maintaining and producing website content for multiple client sites, working with CMS platforms such as WordPress.
- Communication – you will have strong written and verbal communication, with proven writing and editing skills
- Digital Marketing – You will bring a well-rounded understanding and skillset, with proven ability to work across website optimisation and digital content
- Quick learner – You will have a natural affinity for understanding and picking up new and sometimes complex concepts quickly. You will share your passion and commitment to building awareness for sustainability
- Relationship builder – you will have an ease in building relationships, ideally have come from a communications environment with the ability to manage expectations whilst delivering successful outcomes for our stakeholders
- Team player – you will be collaborative in approach with a natural affinity to help those around you without being asked.
We work to celebrate and protect all the resources we have, and build capacity and knowledge in the community toward the creation of a resource-full future for all.
Find out more about our environmental and social projects on Waiheke Island; from food rescue to wetland restoration.