A new year calls for a new season of kai gardens! As we approach February, we are preparing to start sowing new seeds and we need your help! We are […]
Creating a hub to increase food resilience on Waiheke at a household and community level as a local response to global food insecurity
- Promoting evidence-based gardening practices
- Sharing knowledge openly for the benefit of all - e Tuku iho
- Responsibility for the long term health and sustainability of Waiheke's local environment
How will Kai Gardens Achieve this?
- Enhance local knowledge through workshops, online videos, demonstration gardens, public displays and other resources to suit a variety of ages and knowledge bases.
- Supply the Kai Conscious Café with fresh produce and herbs for seasoning.
- Promote gardening as a fun, healthy recreational activity.
- Conduct small-scale trials to determine the most productive and sustainable gardening practices.
- Identify and encourage the growing of crops that are suitable for Waiheke conditions.
- Manage a seed bank of plant varieties suitable for Waiheke
If you'd like to get involved in tending to the Sustainability Centre's Kai Gardens, or have some materials or skills that you would like to donate, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are wrapping up our first season of the Kai Gardens project as the summer grows ever hotter – there’s certainly no need for a greenhouse now! We still have […]