Everything is connected
Protecting water and the environment
- The Love Our Wetlands project takes practical action to restore wetlands.
- The Waiheke Waterways project locates and investigates the cause of stream contamination and provides community education as a solution.
- The Marine Education Initiative teaches and inspires young people about wetlands ecosystems and their coastal environment.
Strengthening community and reducing waste
- Kai Conscious food rescue creates 'tummy-fill, not land-fill' and teaches cooking and kai gardening.
- Zero Waste enables businesses and community to reduce waste and learn about positive waste management.
- Compost Co. demonstrates the circular economy in action; collecting compostables and food scraps from businesses and turning it into nutrient rich compost for sale.
Explore our projects
We run workshops, stock composting systems and collect food scraps and biodegradables from businesses which we turn into compost for sale.
Kai Conscious is all about food, bringing people together and zero waste. Find out how you can be Kai Conscious.
Love our Wetlands
Restoring and protecting Waiheke's wetland habitats and surrounding areas.
Waiheke Resources Trust is aligned with 13 of the 17 United Nations Sustainability Development Goals.